Summer Transient Students

Summer Transient Students

If you're a student at another college or university and want to take summer courses at Del Mar College, just follow these steps:

  • Apply to DMC at

    Complete the online application or visit the Student Enrollment Center for a paper application. Undecided students are encouraged to major in Liberal Arts.

    Please Note: This application is for credit courses and programs. If you are interested in noncredit, continuing education programs, please visit Continuing Education.

  • Provide Proof of Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination

    All new incoming students who are 21 years of age or younger will need to show proof of vaccination prior to registration. A PDF can be sent to

  • Submit Official Transcripts

    Provide official transcripts to the Student Enrollment Center for any college(s) you have attended. Verification of assessment levels must be indicated on transcripts.

  • Complete After-Admission Checklist
    To complete your entire enrollment process, complete all steps in the after-admission checklist.

additional informationNote: Summer transient students are not eligible for Pell Grant and/or other types of Financial Aid.

Have questions? Contact the Student Enrollment Center at (361) 698-1290 or


Page last updated May 12, 2022.