• Reverse Transfer Procedures

    A reverse transfer is the process of awarding an associate’s degree to a student who begins their education at Del Mar College and then transfers to another institution, typically a four-year institution.  While at the four-year institution, students working on a bachelor’s degree may then transfer course work that was previously lacking to complete their associate degree requirements back to Del Mar.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Why should I reverse transfer?
    The associate’s degree is a marketable credential that can be listed on your resume and can lead to better employment and higher wages while seeking your bachelor’s degree. 

    Do I qualify? 
    You must complete at least 25 percent of your Del Mar College degree plan at Del Mar to be eligible. Your associate degree then depends on the course credit you earn at your four-year institution. Speak with an academic advisor to ensure your courses will transfer back to Del Mar. 

    Am I charged a fee to see if I qualify? 
    No. Del Mar College does not charge you for the reverse transfer process. Your current transfer institution may charge you a transcript request fee. 

    Which associate degree am I eligible for?
    Typically students qualify for the degree they were studying under while at Del Mar but you may contact the DMC Student Enrollment Center at (361) 698-1290 and speak with an Enrollment Specialist. You may also check with the appropriate academic advisor for your major.  

    Do I have to return to Del Mar to take the courses or can I take the courses at my current institution? 
    Reverse transfer is designed for you to take the courses at your current institution to complete your bachelor’s degree requirements. However, those courses must be transferable and applicable to the associate degree you were previously working on. Meet with your Del Mar advisor, whose name can be found at http://www.delmar.edu/advisors  to be sure your credits will transfer or contact the Student Enrollment Center for additional assistance at (361) 698-1290 or enroll@delmar.edu.  

    I already completed my bachelor's degree after transferring from Del Mar. Can I still reverse transfer? 
    Yes, you may complete the reverse transfer process using the steps above.

    How do I inform Del Mar which degree I am seeking to earn through reverse transfer? 
    When submitting your graduation application at the Registrar’s Office, you must indicate which degree you are seeking on the form. You can download the graduation application at http://www.delmar.edu/registrar. Be sure to check with an academic advisor to see if you are on the right track.  

    If I earn my associate degree through reverse transfer, can I still participate in Del Mar’s commencement ceremony? 
    Yes!  Completing your degree is a major milestone and we strongly encourage you to participate in commencement. 

    Am I guaranteed an associate degree if my university major is the same as the degree offered by DMC? 
    No. You will be awarded your Del Mar associate degree if your combined credits satisfy your associate degree requirements, and you meet all graduation requirements. Through reverse transfer, each associate degree is subject to the available degrees offered by the college as well as Del Mar College residency requirements.  

    Where do I get more information on reverse transfer? 
    Visit a Student Enrollment Center on either the East (Harvin Center) or West Campus (Coleman Center) for more detailed information.  You may also contact our Reverse Transfer Advisor:

    Juli Propp 

    Simple Steps to getting your Reverse Transfer started! 


  • Contact Information

    Del Mar College
    101 Baldwin Blvd.
    Corpus Christi, TX 78404-3897
    (361) 698-1200
    1(800) 652-3357